ANGEL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM (ADP)
Angel Development Program (ADP)
Are you looking to advocate for inclusion within your local community, but looking for some support and education on how to make that happen? Consider applying to Ainsley’s Angels’ Angel Development Program (ADP).
Have you ever found yourself stuck in a RUT? Chances are, yes! At some point you have been down and you were able to escape that feeling with the assistance of another, an ally, who provided the physical, social, emotional or intellectual support you needed. ADP aims to develop allies for all-inclusive living across America.
Program Framework -
~ REFLECT upon our own perceptions in order to
~ UNITE with a common goal to collectively
~ TRANSFORM populations into all-inclusive communities
The 6 month program will include components of both in-person and on-line learning with opportunities designed for sharing, connecting and brainstorming. The curriculum will consist of:
~ Monthly reading assignments
~ Online coursework
~ Educational topics will include (but not limited to):
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Building Community
- Leadership Development
- Communication Strategies Tactics
- Understanding Empathy
- Energizing Communities
- The Power of Positivity
~ Up to three (3) in person events to include a kickoff, mid-point check-in and graduation.
ADP participant commitment includes:
- Dedication to a 6-month program that includes up to three (3) in-person events consisting of up three (3) days each
- Bi-monthly virtual meetings (2 sessions per month)
- Assigned readings, videos and tutorials
- Plan, organize, and execute a community inclusion project in your local city/town/county (Examples include but are not limited to adaptive playground, updated legislative law, accessible sidewalks, etc.)
- Expenses for travel to the in-person events will be covered for all selected participants, as will all course supplies (books, materials, etc.)
- Program target launch date is scheduled for an in-person kickoff in Boston, Massachusetts around November 16, 2023 (Note, date subject to change.).
The goal of ADP is to develop "Angel Allies" who can assist in spreading the Ainsley's Angels vision of “inclusion without limits.” Are you ready to transform your community?
Who should apply?
- Existing Ainsley's Angels Ambassadors, Runners, Athlete Riders, and Guardian Angels
- Individuals who are enthusiastic about inclusion and creating inclusive communities
Applications are now open through the end of July 2023 with the 25-30 candidates being selected for interviews. The selection committee will then select 12 for participation in the 6-month program.
To begin your journey towards becoming a part of this program, start with Step 2 below.
Sr. Vice President of Programs
Questions? Email me.
OUTLINE FOR JOINING THE PROGRAM
1. FILL OUT THE BELOW FORM TO EXPRESS INTEREST IN JOINING ADP
The first cohort applications are now open. Proceed to step 2. The first in-person, 3-day event will be in November 2023.
2. COMPLETE THE ADP APPLICATION
Applications will be launched on July 1, 2023 and remain open until July 31, 2023. Upon submitting your application, a board will review and contact you for an interview and explain the next steps.